My client with a base in Frederick MD is seeking an EXCEPTIONAL
Customer Service Associate with previous CORPORATE experience to
join their team.
THIS IS NOT A TEAM LEAD OR SUPERVISORY POSITION.
The position is for that of a CASE MANAGER and requires NO
supervisory experience. (MUST HAVE WORKED IN A CALL CENTRE and
performed heavy processing)
Provide prompt, courteous, accurate service to all inquiries
received internally and externally. Act as a liaison between
underwriters and general agents to facilitate the New Business
process. Perform quality control review of all new business related
documents. Interpret, summarize and enter client medical history
into system. Ensure all necessary requirements on all New Business
cases are requested in the appropriate System. Maintain established
productivity and quality standards. Process and follow up on all
tasks to reduce cycle time. Complete other administrative tasks as
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide accurate, prompt, and courteous service to all inquiries
received by phone while maintaining departmental standards for
talk-time and abandon rate.
2. Work with internal and external customers to resolve any
outstanding requirements on pending policies in order to get policy
3. Interface with vendors to resolve problems and expedite
4. Effectively communicate New Business policies, procedures and
guidelines to internal and or external
5. Review, process, and respond to all e-mail communications to
meet or exceed department standards.
6. Properly document electronic files with all pertinent actions
taken and information received from the
7. Review, interpret, summarize and enter proposed insured
information into systems with predefined quality standards.
8. Complete all New Business Review tasks and meet or exceed
9. Handle Policy Owner Service files and meet or exceed pre-defined
10. Identify issues/concerns or systematic problems with quality on
11. Minimize referral of phone calls or e-mail to the underwriter
and provide real-time problem resolution.
12. Comprehend procedures in other ASD departments to ensure a
smooth working relationship and quality
13. Consistently review cases to improve cycle time.
14. Ensure all letters are picked up, copied, sent to imaging and
15. Assist new employees with necessary training.
16. Process all duties as assigned by department management.
Some college preferred.
High School Diploma.
2+ years experience in a customer service/administrative related
2+ years of phone experience
Call center and/or processing experience
Life, P&C or health experience preferred
Customer service skills
PC skills 30-40 WPM;
Knowledge of Microsoft Office
High tolerance for repetitive tasks.
Excellent verbal and written communication.
Ability to organize in a multi-task environment.
Ability to work independently and within a team.
Ability to function in a fast paced environment.
High regard for attention to details.