If a culture of excellence, innovation and ownership is what
you’re searching for, consider putting your experience in motion at
Flowserve. As an individual contributor, or as a leader of people,
your enterprise mindset will ensure Flowserve’s position as the
global standard in comprehensive flow control solutions. Here, your
opportunity for professional development and industry leading
rewards will be supported by our foundational commitments to the
values of people first, integrity and safety. Thinking beyond
opportunity and reward, at Flowserve, we are inspired by working
together to create extraordinary flow control solutions to make the
world better for everyone!
As the Quality Assurance / Quality Control Leader for Taneytown
Operations, you will be responsible for the Site QA /QC
program and play an active leadership role in this highly
engineered manufacturing location.
To be successful, you must have a proven track record of
leadership in the Q uality function within large
industrial manufacturing organizations.
Responsibilities & Requirements:
- Effectively lead and coach associates to ensure a
well-qualified and highly motivated Quality team.
- Collaborate with site and platform functional areas including
manufacturing, purchasing, engineering, production, Order entry and
field service/repair to evaluate failure trends, product
quality problems, and quality issues.
- Key Interface with customers and suppliers on quality
issues plus resolution of any problems within process and final
- Site ISO Management Representative which involves a review site
quality system on a constant basis and revise
quality system to improve performance. Internal and
external quality audits are conducted to meet established
standards. Incorporate site quality system changes as
needed to ensure optimal performance to meet customer requirements
and full compliance with all federal, state and country
- Facilitate and support external agencies and Customers audits.
Develop timely responses to findings and ensure effective
implementation and closure of all findings.
- Provide quality support for incoming, in-process and
final inspection to establish quality standards and meet
- Lead, facilitate and coach plant personnel in root cause
analysis using the 8D process which includes fishbone analysis and
- Provide input, guidance and coaching to site leadership team to
ensure continuous improvement which includes continual performance
improvement of site metrics through the use of data and action
- Report site Quality KPI’s, in compliance with
Flowserve definitions on a monthly basis to platform Executive
- Manage quality function within established budgetary
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of experience
and/or education relevant for this role.
- The individual should have a minimum of 7-10 years of
quality assurance experience in a highly engineered
environment which is recognized for quality assurance and
- Working knowledge of ISO 9001 Quality Management
- A change agent that possesses the ability to influence decision
making and build critical relationships in a manufacturing
- Strong business and financial acumen and possess a good working
knowledge of business operations.
- Results-oriented with a passion for quality , service
and customer satisfaction.
- Strong analytical skills and timely decision-making
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral).
Preferred Experience / Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar
- ASQ certification in quality assurance or audit is a
- Prior experience with rotating equipment manufacturing is a
Primary Posting Location: Taneytown, Maryland
Other Posting Location: Frederick, Maryland
Job Advertising Title: Manager, Quality
Job Posting Category: Operations
Employment Type: Full time
Country: United States
Auto req ID: 51696BR
Flowserve is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment
decisions without regard to race, gender, disability or protected
veteran status. Click here to learn more. Flowserve will also not
discriminate against an applicant or employee for inquiring about,
discussing or disclosing their pay or, in certain circumstances,
the pay of their co-workers Click here to learn more.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a
disabled veteran, you have the right to request a reasonable
accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use
or access www.flowserve.jobs as result of your disability. You can
request a reasonable accommodation by sending an e-mail to
email@example.com. In order to quickly respond to your
request, please use the words "Accommodation Request" as your
subject line of your email. For more information, read the