Material Handler I
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: July 15, 2021
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
Location / Division Specific Information
Frederick, MD / Life Sciences Group
Now is an exciting time to join our Distribution team, a team
dedicated to ensuring our customers receive the products they need
to achieve their scientific goals – quickly, reliably and safely.
Our Frederick, MD site is expanding and ramping up to support the
fight against COVID-19. If you believe in working the right way for
the right reason join our growing team today!
How will you make an impact?
- You’ll provide shipping, receiving, storage and order
fulfillment services for finished goods, inventory, materials,
supplies, parts and equipment at the assigned facility(s).
What will you do?
- Pick, pack, sort, arrange, count, store, and correctly
process items for storage and/or shipment in accordance with
established procedures and customer requirements
- Sustain a high level of quality to ensure customers
receive correct product and in the time requested.
- Receive materials and/or finished goods daily.
- Verify the quality, type and amount of materials received are
correct and that the appropriate documentation is present (e.g.
- Work in a warehouse environment under various temperatures
including room temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46
degrees F), and/or freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F).
- Safely operate distribution equipment, as required.
- Satisfactorily complete Thermo Fisher Scientific training
requirements and operate within all ISO standards pertaining to
site Distribution including, but not limited to, Control of
Documents and Quality Policy.
How will you get here?
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires a minimum of 0-2 years related experience.
- Experience in logistics with a life science company
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow
policies and procedures, instructions, and to meet schedules
- Must be able to operate powered industrial trucks and with the
ability to operate the equipment at various heights.
- Need basic computer skills to navigate ERP systems, Outlook and
shipping software in order to support the operation in its daily
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Good communication skills and customer service skills
- Ability to recognize deviation from accepted practice is
- Accuracy is required in performing all functions of this
position; errors in work could cause delays in schedules.
- Must be ready to start work on-time daily and maintain strong
- Ability to receive and complete general instruction on routine
work and detailed instruction on new assignments.
- Equipment training will be provided through one-on-one
instruction, on-the-job training (OJT), Thermo Fisher Scientific
generated Standard Training Protocol (STP) and/or other training
- Warehouse environment under various temperatures including room
temperature (59–86 degrees F), cold-room (36-46 degrees F), and/or
freezer-room (minus 4 – 23 degrees F).
- Perform work of a highly repetitive nature.
- Will walk, stand, reach, and lift up to 50lbs on a continuous
- Routinely push and pull up to 50lbs and regularly climb
- May occasionally sit, kneel, crouch and crawl.
- May handle “packaged” hazardous materials.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to
high –ear plugs will be provided if requested.
- Due to business needs, must be flexible to work varying
schedules, hours, and overtime as needed.
- Occasional local travel may be required between the two
facilities (2-3 miles and will be notified in advance)
- The physical demands described above are representative of
those which are required to perform the essential functions of this
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Frederick , Material Handler I, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!