Project Manager II
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: July 14, 2021
This Project Management Position is part of the Clinical Next
Generation Sequencing Division (CSD) which supplies “sample to
answer” instrument, software and reagent solutions; has the leading
position in research markets; and is the market leader in targeted
sequencing and clinical Next- Generation Sequencing.
How will you make an impact?
This role is charged with the management and execution of the
Custom Products Portfolio manufactured out of the Frederick
The Project Manager will coordinate cross functionally to evaluate
new Custom Product Requests, facilitate the setup of infrastructure
required for production, and manage the sustaining efforts of the
In order to enable success, the candidate should be proficient
is leading teams without direct management authority and
demonstrate leadership through influence. This is a multi-faceted
and detail-oriented position requiring strong communication and
organizational skills to ensure timeliness and quality of finished
Job Responsibilities to Include:
- Creates/originates documents to include manufacturing records
and raw material specifications when required, ensuring customer
requirement s are met.
- Generates new parts and SKU’s for custom products.
- Follows quality site procedures to ensure product meets quality
requirements above and beyond the customers expectation.
- Tracks Revenue and metrics for on time delivery for custom
- Meets with internal and external groups to ensure customer
requirements are met and implemented within the process.
- Works closely with planning and scheduling to coordinate
manufacturing activities and ensure they are complete in a timely
- Creates and estimates timelines for new products in process of
set up and complex re-orders.
- Revises and makes changes to process and or procedures through
Change Control Process
- Supports NPI or other projects as needed with document
creation, daily progress notifications, process changes or
engineering changes, risk assessments, mock kit assembly, labeling
projects and other duties as needed.
- Provides costing to business leads.
- Plans and coordinates weekly stand up meeting and updates
visual boards in support of PPI.
- Reviews DCO’s and ECO’s for accuracy
- Creates product requirement sheets for new custom orders to
capture customer specifications for accurate SKU set up.
- Coordinates shipments with the Distribution Center and point of
contact for custom orders and shipments.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field
- 1-2 years of Project management experience in Biotech or
related industry a plus
- Experience in Customer Facing Roles a plus
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment,
driving that momentum to Project Teams.
- Ability to drive programs through influence and negotiation
across business functions.
- Ability to coach and mentor others as required to ensure on
time delivery of Project Milestones.
- Ability to effectively manage teams through indirect
leadership, conflict resolution, and problem-solving
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Frederick , Project Manager II, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!