Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific
Posted on: July 14, 2021
Job Title: Scientist I, Quality Control
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
Plans and performs quality control testing of reagents and kits
utilizing the Ion PGM Dx System. Collects and analyzes data for
final disposition using preapproved documentation as well as
troubleshoots assays. Participate in QC Method Validation and
Method Transfer activities
What will you do?
- Participate in stability study activities
- Train new and existing QC operators on new and existing Quality
Control test methods.
- Performs and documents equipment maintenance.
- Update QC test methods, QBR’s, forms, and SPC’s to align with
current laboratory practices and improvements
- Maintain laboratory testing inventory and supplies
- Write and execute stability protocols and reports
- Preparing samples
- Perform peer review of QC data packets
- Initiates problem reporting (deviations, non-conformances,
failures, corrective and preventive actions) via TrackWise and
performs root cause investigation and analysis for OOS and
- Keeping up to date with technical developments, especially
those which can save time and improve reliability
- Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety
- Perform other activities as directed by QC Manager
How will you get here?
- BS in Biochemistry, Chemistry or related degree; 3-5 years
relevant industry experience
- Hands on experience with NGS technologies or a very strong
understanding of Ion Torrent sequencing technology preferred
- Must be skilled in basic molecular biology techniques
- Working knowledge of general cGMP lab compliance
- Good pipetting technique
- Proficiency in Excel
- Ability to perform independently & as part of a team
- Ability to work in dynamic, fast paced team environment
- Excellent communication/interpersonal and presentation
- Experience writing & reviewing technical documentation.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Experience in Pharmaceutical, Medical Device, or clinical lab
- Experience with ISO 13485 and cGMP
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Apply today
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific, Frederick , QC Scientist, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!