Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 12, 2021
What Will You Be A Part Of?
The Investigative Analyst will be responsible for the
investigation and remediation of suspected cyber fraud reports. In
this role, the successful candidate will also:
- contribute to the analysis of metrics derived from reported
- contribute to process improvements within the Cyber Fraud
- recommend solutions for detection, prevention, and response to
- develop threat intelligence from correlated common indicators
across reported incidents
- work with the Sr. Investigative Analyst(s) to produce and share
actionable threat intelligence
What Will You Do?
- Triage and interpret reports of suspected cyber fraud and
support fraud investigation activities
- Analyze email headers and attachments for indicators of fraud
or other malicious intent
- Research suspicious domains to identify fraudulent or malicious
- Collaborate with other security and IT teams to develop
effective use cases for eCommerce fraud detection
- Recommend improvements for the detection of fraudulent behavior
through the analysis of data from disparate sources
- Understand business processes and synthesize potential fraud
scenarios and risk indicators
- Develop and implement standard methodologies into key business
- Produce detailed and accurate cyber fraud incident reports
- Prepare presentations for case findings as required.
How Will You Get Here?
- 1-2 years investigative/ analytical experience with a law
enforcement agency and/or corporate security department
- Bachelor's Degree in Cyber Security, Systems Engineering,
Computer Science, or related field experience and/or equivalent
combination of education and investigations experience
- Understanding of network infrastructure and network traffic
- Ability to make informed analytic judgements and accurately and
thoroughly document findings in a written and/or presentation
- Strong analytic and creative problem solving abilities
- Ability to analyze artifacts relative to investigations and
identify indicators of cyber fraud and other malicious
- Ability to easily communicate complex ideas to Sr Investigative
Analysts and Management
- Highly inquisitive and ability to work both independently and
in a collaborative setting
- Strong teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Understanding of the current cyber threat, insider threat and
cyber fraud landscape preferred
- Proficient with the core MS Office suite
- Splunk experience a plus.
- Data analytics and visualization tools experience a plus
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 80,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Job Seekers with a Disability: Thermo Fisher Scientific offers
accessibility service for job seekers requiring accommodations in
the job application process. For example, this may include
individuals requiring assistance because of hearing, vision,
mobility, or cognitive impairments. If you are a job seeker with a
disability, or assisting a person with a disability, and require
accessibility assistance or an accommodation to apply for one of
our jobs, please submit a request by telephone at 1-855-471-2255*.
Please include your contact information and specific details about
your required accommodation to support you during the job
- This telephone line is reserved solely for job seekers with
disabilities requiring accessibility assistance or an accommodation
in the job application process. Messages left for other purposes,
such as not being able to get into the career website, following up
on an application, or other non-disability related technical issues
will not receive a response.
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Frederick , Investigative Analyst, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!