Company: Frederick County Public Schools
Posted on: June 12, 2021
PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLYFOR VACANCIES
DURING THEIR PROBATIONARY PERIOD.
All education that is indicated on your application must be
supported by attaching a scanned copy of your high school diploma,
high school transcript or college transcript.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Current SERV-SAFE Sanitation Certification, including working
knowledge of HACCP regulations or the employee must obtain
SERV-SAFE Sanitation Certification within six (6) months of hire
- Knowledge of USDA and MSDE nutrition requirements.
- Knowledge of computer point-of-sale systems.
- Two (2) years successful experience in a similar food service
- Knowledge of free and reduced-price meal benefits guidelines
and accountability procedures without overt-identification of
- Knowledge of financial practices and procedures, including
cashiering, bank deposits, and cash accountability.
- Ability to reconcile food sold to accountability sales and
- Knowledge of standard sanitation procedures for care and
cleaning of kitchen and equipment.
- Knowledge of standard sanitation procedures as specified in
HACCP, for the safe and sanitary service of food to customers.
- Knowledge of quantity food preparation and forecasting to
- Ability to forecast accurately all other supplies needed and to
account for them.
- Ability to perform work requiring sustained moderate physical
effort, movement of objects weighing 40-60 lbs., operation of
commercial food service equipment, continuous standing and extreme
variations in temperature.
- Effective time management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively and to
accurately understand and apply written directions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in business math.
- Capable of performing the essential functions of the position
with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Two years (2) experience in a school food service
- Possession of a valid driver's license and ability to drive a
board vehicle in accordance with policy.
- A clean driver's record with no more than two (2) points within
the last two (2) years.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties relating to computers;
i.e., email, Word, computerized sales accountability systems.
- Familiarity with the FCPS policies, goals, and programs.
Under the direction of the Complex Manager, the Site Assistant
is responsible for the overall operation of the receiving school
food service facility, and ensures that only quality meals will be
served which comply with the Child Nutrition Act, as prescribed by
Food and Nutrition Services, Board of Education, State and Federal
procedures, regulations and guidelines.
Reporting directly to the Food and Nutrition Service Complex
Manager, the Food and Nutrition Service Site Assistant performs the
- Direct and train food service staff to ensure that established
standards are followed.
- Maintain current knowledge and compliant implementation of the
Free and Reduced Meals Program.
- Actively participates in the receiving, preparation, and
serving of food to customers.
- Accountable to the Complex Manager for compliance with
accountability procedures (for example inventory, banking,
- Accountable for food quality as delivered from the preparation
site and as prepared at the site.
- Check goods received against requisitions and invoices.
- Assist the Complex Manager in marketing the food service
program to the school.
- Maintain the daily records to include production sheets,
temperature sheets, invoices, and accountability paperwork
- Check, record, and maintain proper food temperatures.
- Assist the Complex Manager in the development of daily work
schedules and coordinate daily work schedules.
- Demonstrate and perform any of the food service worker tasks
(for example, cashiering duties that include the responsible
collection of monies and accounting for all meals/food service to
guarantee USDA compliance). This also may include daily bank
- Secure and account for revenue in accordance with
- Assure that portion sizes are correct and that approved price
schedules are followed.
- Maintain performance, safety and sanitation standards according
to HACCP requirements.
- Ability to manage inventory and order and account for food and
- Work with the Complex Manager to obtain knowledge for the
ability to analyze and utilize data to maintain an efficient and
cost effective food service program.
- Attend and participate in required in-service training
workshops and meetings.
- Understand, communicate and guarantee compliance with USDA and
MSDE Child Nutrition Regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Food and Nutrition
Service Complex Manager.
- Support Salary Scale, Grade 6, 10-month position (182 days per
year / 7 hours per day)
- Starting Salary $17.06 / hour
FREDERICK COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Frederick County Public Schools, Frederick , Site Assistant, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!