Company: Frederick County Public Schools
Posted on: June 12, 2021
PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLY FOR VACANCIES
DURING THEIR PROBATIONARY PERIOD.
All education that is indicated on your application must be
supported by attaching a scanned copy of your high school diploma,
high school transcript or college transcript.
- High school diploma or equivalent (G.E.D.).
- EPA Refrigerant Certification.
- Four (4) years' of journeyman experience or a journeyman's
license and/or trade/occupational training equivalent to four (4)
years' of journeyman experience.
- Complete familiarity with methods, techniques, materials, and
tools used in the installation, troubleshooting, maintenance, and
repair of heating, air-conditioning, ventilation, and refrigeration
systems and sub-systems.
- Ability to troubleshoot and maintain mechanical, electrical,
and environmental systems and sub-systems including the control and
balancing of these systems.
- Demonstration of required physical abilities.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to understand and apply verbal and written
- Maintenance of a license enabling employee to operate FCPS
- Availability for emergency response and overtime when
- Capable of performing the essential functions of the position
with or without reasonable accommodations.
PLEASE NOTE: Selected candidate must satisfactorily pass the
appropriate medical examination and drug test for the position.
- Familiarity with the FCPS policies, goals and programs.
This employee performs as a skilled trade mechanic in the
installation, maintenance, and repair of heating, ventilation, air
conditioning, and refrigeration systems and sub-systems in Board
facilities as assigned. Reporting directly to the Maintenance Area
Supervisor, the Maintenance Mechanic (HVAC/R) performs the
- The primary functions of this employee are preventive
maintenance, troubleshooting, and repair.
- The secondary functions are design and installation of systems
and services, alterations, and upgrading.
- Becomes familiar with and stay abreast of the Maintenance
Management System and all changes.
- Uses, maintains, and safeguards tools of the trade. Acquires
and maintains knowledge of proper utilization of
- Installs, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs indoor and
outdoor equipment and control systems for ventilation and fresh air
- Designs, manufactures, troubleshoots, maintains, and repairs
specified ducts and pipe delivery systems for air, water, steam,
and refrigerant gas.
- Moves equipment and furniture as necessary.
- Complies with federal, state, and Frederick County Public
School policies, regulations, and directives relating to safety,
building codes, work techniques, and methods of performing assigned
- Completes forms needed to document repair status, orders,
- Reads and understands building plans and specifications.
- Perform tasks in all trade disciplines in support of the
cluster maintenance/repair functions.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Maintenance Area
- Support Salary Scale, Grade 11, 12-month position (260 days-8
hours / day)
- Starting Salary $22.83 / hour
FREDERICK COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Frederick County Public Schools, Frederick , HVAC/R Technician, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!