Inventory Control Assistant-Corporate Inventory Control
Company: Builders Firstsource, Inc.
Posted on: June 9, 2021
- Assists in controlling, administering and maintaining inventory
SKU database, by performing the duties below:
- Knowledge of building materials required. Familiarity with
Online ERP system preferred.
- Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following.
Other duties may be assigned.
- Enters SKU's into the On-Line inventory database received from
- Audits SKU requests for accuracy (i.e. item #, description,
conversion factor, unit of measure and cost.
- Assigns proper codes, classifications, cost schedules,
inventory sequencing and purchasing details.
- Works directly with location personnel, to assist in problem
resolution, recommendations and general customer service
- Periodically runs inventory audits to identify problems
(duplicate items, insufficient or incorrect data).
- Reports maintenance issues, as necessary.
- Assists in inventory file transfer and inventory mapping for
- Compares nomenclature, stock numbers, authorized substitutes,
and other listed information with catalogs, manuals, parts lists,
and similar references to verify accuracy of SKU requisitions
- Assists in auditing for unused items
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Competencies: To perform the job successfully, an individual
should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in
situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to
- Teamwork - Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views;
Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive
team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities;
Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks; Uses time
efficiently; Plans for additional resources.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on
time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma or equivalent required. Must have a
thorough knowledge of Builders FirstSource Inventory setup, SKUs
and processes. Typically requires that individual has prior
employment history at BFS.
- Language Skills
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos. Ability to write simple correspondence.
Ability to effectively present information to other employees
within the organization.
- Mathematical Skills
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Reasoning Ability
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to
deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
- Computer Skills
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have
knowledge of Inventory software and Order processing systems. Word
Processing and Spreadsheet software experience required.
- Must have strong data entry skills.
- Demonstrates ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Works independently.
- Possesses strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to meet deadlines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and
talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and
walk. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision and ability to adjust focus.
- Work Environment The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to
Keywords: Builders Firstsource, Inc., Frederick , Inventory Control Assistant-Corporate Inventory Control, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!