Scientist I, Formulation
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 8, 2021
When you're part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll
do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for
cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe.
Your work will have real-world impact, and you'll be supported in
achieving your career goals.
How will you make an impact?
The candidate will follow SOPs and work in compliance with
EH&S, GLP, and any other required manufacturing or company
systems (e.g. E1, Agile, Trackwise, etc.). This position will be
responsible for supporting the team in achieving daily production
schedules and product quality goals
What will you do?
- Demonstrate a basic understanding of scientific principles,
biology (hepatic preferred)
- Ability to perform routine tasks accurately and
- Culture and maintain cells using aseptic technique
- Operate manual and automated laboratory equipment
How will you get here?
Bachelor or Advanced degree in scientific field required
Nature and Scope:
This position interacts with equivalent levels of internal
personnel. That interaction requires good communication skills and
customer service skills. Effectiveness in this role also requires
functional knowledge of cell culture, small animal handling,
cryopreservation processes, media and reagent preparation, work
order creation, entry and closure, and good documentation practices
(GDP). The job encounters recurring work situations of a routine
nature where the ability to recognize deviation from accepted
practice is required. Accuracy is required in performing all
functions of this position; errors in work could cause delays in
schedules. This position requires the individual to be ready to
start work on-time daily. The incumbent normally receives general
instruction on routine work, detailed instruction on new
- Minimum of 0-2 years related experience.
- Aseptic Technique required
- Cell Culture experience a plus
- Some rodent handling and procedural experience a plus
- Must be customer focused, able to work under pressure with
- Anticipate needs and problems while creating solutions
- Demonstrates a sense of urgency, contagious optimism and a 'can
- Proven ability to consistently and independently follow
policies and procedures; written and verbal instruction, and to
meet schedules required.
- Working knowledge of business computer software with logistics
related databases desired and ERP systems experience.
- Strong organizational, record-keeping, and data analysis
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Good communication skills and customer service skills.
- Effectiveness in this role also requires functional knowledge
of cell culture, small animal handling, cryopreservation processes,
media and reagent preparation, work order creation, entry and
closure, and good documentation practices (GDP).
- Perform mathematical calculations routinely (e.g. viability,
concentration and density)
- Ability to follow and implement Life Technology policies and
Standard Operating Procedures
- Follows Life Technologies safety guidelines
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 75,000
extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and
contribute to our singular mission-enabling our customers to make
the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Frederick , Scientist I, Formulation, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!