Company: Frederick County Public Schools
Posted on: June 7, 2021
PROBATIONARY EMPLOYEES ARE NOT ELIGIBLE TO APPLYFOR VACANCIES
DURING THEIR PROBATIONARY PERIOD.
All education that is indicated on your application must be
supported by attaching a scanned copy of your high school diploma,
high school transcript or college transcript.
Education, Training, Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting from an accredited college or
university or a bachelor's degree from an accredited college or
university with 30 credit hours in accounting and related
- Three (3) years of experience in examining, analyzing and
interpreting accounting systems, records, and reports by applying
generally accepted accounting principles.
- Experience using computerized fiscal applications and
- Extensive knowledge of excel including pivot tables and
- One year of professional auditing experience may be substituted
for one year of accounting experience.
- Possession of a Maryland Certificate as a Certified Public
Accountant (CPA) or a Master's degree in accounting from an
accredited college or university may be substituted for two years
of the required experience.
- Knowledge and use of culturally responsive practices.
- Skill in using word processing, spreadsheets, Google forms, and
- Working knowledge of processing personnel policies and
procedures and related rules and regulations.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and concisely in
oral and written forms.
- Ability to make decisions independently based upon experience,
judgment, direction, and established departmental procedures and
- Management and organizational skills that show an ability to
prioritize, work under time constraints, follow through on
assignments, and demonstrate flexibility in an environment of
multiple tasks and shifting priorities.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to handle confidential and highly sensitive information
in a professional manner.
- Ability to build trust and maintain relationships.
- Strong commitment to excellent stakeholder service.
- Available by phone and email, as needed.
- Regular and predictable attendance.
- Capable of performing the essential functions of the position
with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Irregular hours depending on services needs and other
- Ability to speak in an understandable voice with sufficient
volume to be heard in normal conversation and on the telephone and
in addressing groups.
- Ability to travel to school and other local locations as well
as state meetings, sometimes with little notice.
- Ability to maintain emotional control under stress.
- Ability to spend long hours sitting.
- Ability to reach with hands and arms.
- Sufficient manual dexterity to grasp, handle, manipulate,
and/or feel objects and use office technology.
- Sufficient mobility to move about the work area.
- Sufficient vision to read and comprehend printed materials, see
distant objects with clarity, and identify and distinguish
- Sufficient hearing to hear and comprehend conversations in
person and on the telephone as well as distinguish sounds up to
twenty (20) feet.
- Occasionally climb or balance.
- Occasionally stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Occasionally lift fifteen (15) pounds.
- Moderate noise (examples: office environment with computers,
printers, and telephones; regular conversations within offices,
cubicles, hallways, and conference rooms; meetings one-on-one, in
small groups, and large settings, etc.).
Education, Training, Experience:
- Experience with PeopleSoft Human Resource/Financial Application
and/or experience in Financial Accounting Systems.
- Experience in a school or governmental financial system.
- Experience in payroll accounting.
- Certification as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA).
Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Familiarity with the FCPS policies, goals and programs.
The Accountant - Payroll has the primary responsibility for
assisting with providing services of a competent accountant in
assigned accounting function or fund-related areas, and assists in
enabling the Accounting Department to fulfill responsibilities for
maintenance and entries into the financial records regarding
Payroll transactions and position management tracking.
Reporting directly to the Accounting Manager, the Payroll -
Accountant performs, at a minimum, the following duties:
Performs other duties as assigned by the Accounting Manager
- Administrative, Management, and Technical Scale, Grade 6,
12-month position (260 days per year / 7 hours per day)
- Starting Salary $71,379
FREDERICK COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION HAS BEEN WRITTEN TO INDICATE THE GENERAL
NATURE AND LEVEL OF WORK PERFORMED BY AN EMPLOYEE HOLDING THIS
POSITION. IT IS NOT WRITTEN TO INCLUDE OR BE INTERPRETED TO INCLUDE
A COMPREHENSIVE INVENTORY OF ALL DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, AND
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED OF THE EMPLOYEE. NOTHING IN THIS
DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO ASSIGN OR REASSIGN
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES OR ADD REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AT ANY
Keywords: Frederick County Public Schools, Frederick , Accountant: Payroll, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!