Executive Assistant, Bioproduction Commercial
Company: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc.
Posted on: June 6, 2021
What Will You Be A Part Of?
The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide administrative
support for several members of the leadership team and provide
general administrative support for the site, thereby performing a
vitally important role. The successful candidate will provide a
variety of standard administrative support functions and will be
involved in and help coordinate team meetings, special projects and
executive initiatives. They will be self-motivated, have excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to build professional
relationships. The ability to maintain confidentiality and to
operate in the role with the highest of ethical standards and
professionalism are required.
What Will You Do?
- Function as the primary interface for several members of the
leadership team and provide general administrative support for the
site. Interface professionally with other key leaders, customers,
- Manage and maintain multiple executive calendars, including
recurring meetings, prioritizing appropriately and using good
judgment in offering solutions to complex scheduling and meeting
planning as needed.
- Proactively manage communication (emails, phone calls,
necessary follow-up); screen telephone or email inquiries,
communicate messages, redirect calls and respond to urgent
inquiries from the group and division level leadership, corporate
office, global sites, and internal/external stakeholders over
multiple time zones.
- Coordinate complex and multi-leg travel (accommodations, local
transportation and passport/visa requirements). Proactively
anticipate potential travel issues and manage accordingly.
- Process and track expenses in a timely manner for the
- Greet visitors to the site and route incoming calls to the
- Provide exceptional attention to detail. Anticipate potential
changes or shifts in priorities amidst simultaneous demands for
- Schedule and coordinate complex meetings. This includes but is
not limited to, attendee communications, venue
management/coordination, audio/video set-up and management as
needed, catering and program material preparation.
- Provide overall data management. Solicit needed data from
multiple sources, organize and compile in formats to facilitate
analysis and presentation. Establish, update and maintain files,
inventories, records, etc., as necessary, including paper,
electronic and other platforms as needed.
- Track and drive completion of key deliverables, proactively
following up on outstanding items as needed.
- Handle highly confidential information and documents with
discretion and confidentiality.
- Collaborate and drive results in a complex global organization
during times of change, evolution, and transformation. Demonstrate
an adaptive and flexible work style shown to be effective working
across varied types of clients, senior level leaders and front line
team members that are geographically dispersed.
- Complete projects, special assignments, other tasks and duties
How Will You Get Here?
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor's degree highly
- 5+ years administrative related experience required
- 5+ years experience and expert knowledge of MS Word, Excel,
- Must possess personal responsibility and integrity
- Professional attitude and presence at all times with an ability
to maintain composure and manage stress to meet deadlines
- Attention to accuracy and detail in all aspects of
- Excellent organizational skills
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and balance competing requirements from
- Flexibility to occasionally provide support after normal
working hours if needed
Keywords: Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Frederick , Executive Assistant, Bioproduction Commercial, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!