Fire Restoration Technician
Company: ServiceMaster Restore 1995 - Frederick
Posted on: June 6, 2021
A successful Fire Restoration Technician monitors, inspects and
completes tasks for restoration jobs to ensure completion of
drying, demolition, pack-out of contents in addition to other
various fire restoration activities. The Fire Restoration
Technician prepares and reviews documentation to include notes,
photos and documents according to company policies and procedures
to ensure reimbursement from insurance companies, as well as
explains processes used to complete active jobs and next steps to
resolution in person to customers.
- Retrieves work orders, ensures appropriate equipment and
supplies are loaded on truck needed for job, arrives to work
- Explain processes used to complete active jobs and next steps
to resolution in person to customers using printed materials as a
guide with or without supervisor
- Completes assigned jobs according to company processes while
maintaining quality control on each job with urgency
- Performs fire/smoke damage repair and tasks to include water
extraction, pack-out of contents, removing/disposing of
non-salvageable materials, as directed by supervisor
- Ensures equipment, supplies, vehicles, and products are
properly handled. Reports any equipment malfunction and or damage
- Responsible for making daily adjustments to the drying plan
based on meter readings
- Resolves issues with customers, communicates customer issues,
daily job activities with supervisor and key company staff
- Prepares documentation and pictures according to company
policies and procedures to ensure reimbursement from insurance
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Experience in the restoration or construction industry is
preferred, but not required
- Valid Drivers License and satisfactory driving record is
- Good verbal and written and communication skills, bi-lingual is
- Good problem solving and customer service skills
- Knowledge of disaster restoration industry
- Must be able to prioritize activities and meet deadlines
- Experience with entering data using a tablet or mobile
- Report to work on time in a clean, complete uniform
- Read and follow product label usage instructions
- Possess a positive and team oriented
- Certifications are preferred, but not required:
- FSRT Fire & Smoke Restoration Technician
- OCT Odor Control Technician
- WRT- Water Restoration Technician
We hire for attitude and train for skills! If you have the right
attitude you will be able to grow with the company and take
advantage of our career opportunities. We are willing to train you,
but experience or certifications are definitely a plus.
We offer competitive compensation package, paid time off and
holidays, health/vision/dental insurance, 401K, disability
benefits, paid training.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be
met by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 70 pounds often, by lifting, carrying, pushing,
pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Must be able to stand and walk for extended periods of time.
Lifting, squatting, crawling and crouching is required.
- Express or exchange ideas with others and receive and act on
detailed information given.
- For safety reasons, respirators, which are used in certain
situations, must be able to seal to your face.
- Inside and outside working conditions: The change of
environment such as with or without air conditioning and
The above statements are intended to describe the general
nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to
this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive
list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of
personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform
duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time,
as needed. The Company reserves the right to modify this
description in the future, with or without notice to the employee.
This Job Description does not create an employment contract,
implied or otherwise, and employment with the Company remains at
will. These responsibilities are subject to possible modification
to reasonably accommodate individuals with
This franchise is independently owned and operated by a
franchisee. Your application will go directly to the franchisee,
and all hiring decisions will be made by the management of this
franchisee. All inquiries about employment at this franchisee
should be made directly to the franchise location, and not to The
ServiceMaster Company, LLC.
Keywords: ServiceMaster Restore 1995 - Frederick, Frederick , Fire Restoration Technician, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!