School Secretary, 10-Month
Company: Frederick County Public Schools
Posted on: June 6, 2021
Probationary employees are not eligible to apply for vacancies
during their probationary period.
All education that is indicated on your application must be
supported by attaching a scanned copy of your high school diploma,
high school transcript or college transcript.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED).
- Demonstrated proofreading ability, and creation of a table in a
word processing program.
- Demonstrates ability to effectively use word processing,
database, spreadsheet, and email software.
- Demonstrates ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate clearly and concisely in
oral and written form.
- Demonstrates ability to work under pressure and maintain
- Demonstrates strong human relations skills.
- Demonstrates proficiency in business math.
- Ability to perform the essential functions, with or without
- Relevant experience.
- Demonstrates strong human relations skills, with adults and
students, which have created a positive and inviting work
- Demonstrates ability to work independently with a minimum of
Under the direction of the administration and administrative
secretary, this position provides secretarial support for a variety
of functions within the school.
- Answers telephones, takes messages, greets visitors, makes
appointments, and gives information.
- Types and enters data for letters, schedules, reports, forms,
and other materials.
- Effectively uses the automated purchasing system, student
information system, and substitute calling system.
- Maintains proficiency in the use of office technology to meet
- Maintains filing systems, student records, attendance reports,
logs, and field trip records.
- Collects monies for various school purposes, and keep
appropriate records of such funds.
- Orders, receives supplies, and checks invoices.
- Assists in maintaining property accountability.
- Assists in scheduling use of facilities.
- Assists with registration and transfer of records.
- Composes routine correspondence.
- Distributes mail and supplies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Support Salary Scale, Grade 5, 10-month position (189 days - 7
hours / day)
- Starting Salary $16.10 / hour
FREDERICK COUNTY PUBLIC SCHOOLS IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
Keywords: Frederick County Public Schools, Frederick , School Secretary, 10-Month, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!