R&D Scientist II (KL5)
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving
science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is
to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and
safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences
research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient
diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their
laboratories, we are here to support them.
Location and Division Specifics
Frederick, Maryland. Biosciences
How will you make impact?
You will join a team of scientists engaged in the development
and commercialization of cell therapy products with an emphasis on
cell culture systems including media and reagents.
What will you do?
Contribute to the creation of the therapies of tomorrow. We are
looking for a highly skilled and motivated individual who should be
able to conduct all activities related to product and process
development under the direction of a supervisor. Key activities
include the ability to design, execute, and data analysis to
optimize desired outcomes. Ability to learn to incorporate
statistical modeling into data analysis will be expected. Ability
to effectively communicate technical data and summaries in the
formal reports, presentations as well as active participation in
staff meetings is highly desirable. Due to the nature of projects,
some weekend work will be required in order to maintain these
cultures and experiments.
Master's Degree in Immunology/Cell biology or related life
sciences discipline with 1+ year of relevant working experience
Bachelor's degree in Immunology/Cell biology or related life
sciences with 3+ years of relevant working experience
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Extensive cell culture experience
- Strong background in immunology and/ stem cell differentiation
- Experience with cell-based imaging and assays (flow cytometry,
plate reader, fluorescent microscopy)
- Able to work independently in a dynamic, fast paced team
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and extract key information from peer
- Familiarity and use of standard cell and molecular biology
- Participate in the design, execution, and analysis of
experiments with moderate to low level of supervision.
- Highly organized, ability to maintain well documented
laboratory protocols and notebooks.
- Perform other related duties as required and/or assigned.
- Industry and/or product development experience is a plus but
Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an
unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing
convenience and pharmaceutical services through our
industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied
Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and
Patheon. For more information, please visit
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer
and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected