Government Account Manager
Company: Electric Power Research Institute
Posted on: June 2, 2021
Leader, Government Capture
Maryland Home Office, Virginia Home Office - 2, Washington, D.C.
Job Summary and Description:
The Government Capture Leader identifies and develops
energy-related government research and development (R&D)
opportunities and aligns technical resources needed to pursue
funding solicitations. The Government Capture Leader is responsible
for developing the solicitation strategy and business relations to
drive financial results for all EPRI business sectors. The Leader
oversees the solicitation response including project concept
development, technical and programmatic approach, pricing, and
teaming. The Capture Leader interfaces with the Sector leadership
to gain buy-in and approval of proposed projects and allocation of
resources to the proposal effort. The Capture Leader actively
supports the proposal development team, monitors proposal progress,
and facilitates resolution of issues that arise during proposal
development. The Capture Leader also creates feedback loops with
the government post award or loss to increase learning and
The Capture Leader also functions as the account manager for
assigned agencies including development and execution of a
comprehensive growth strategy, senior leadership and technical
program leads, and alignment with EPRI business priorities and
- Develops and maintains pipeline of aligned opportunities.
Monitors and reports on government proposal activity and funding
- Manages process solicitations and bid/no-bid decisions,
manages cross-sector coordination, facilitates project concept
assessment, and supports proposal development to close
technical and administrative gaps with the government operations
- Provides updates to team members and Sr. Manager on funding
- Conducts quality assurance reviews of selected solicitation
responses which includes strategic alignment of discriminators,
reviewing pricing strategies.
- Technically analyzes each solicitation and advises on best-fit
solicitation response opportunities which align with mission.
- Connects with government agencies and aligns technical staff
with opportunities to interface and discuss ideas and research
- Produces a comprehensive business development plan including
the agency interface practices, agency R&D priorities, agency
funding authorization, alignment with EPRI and Sector goals and
business objectives, and agency engagement plans.
- Organizes or manages agency technical briefings and workshops
to highlight EPRI capabilities and position for developing
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, mathematics, physical
sciences or equivalent required. Master’s Degree in technical
discipline or M.B.A preferred.
- Broad knowledge of the electricity industry with 7 years of
- At least 7 years of experience working with a state, federal of
defense segment and should possess approximately 5 years of sales
- Knowledge of and experience with the targeted federal and/or
state agencies with demonstrated success in developing and winning
complex technical proposals in multi-million-dollar range.
- R&D or technical project management experience
Skills and Attributes:
- Team player with demonstrated ability to assemble and lead
effective cross-functional teams.
- Exceptional leadership skills, and superior organizational and
- Must be deadline-oriented, and possess problem solving and
- Must be highly effective at oral and written communications
with both internal and external customers.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Effective presentation development and delivery skills.
- Strong PC skills including the full Microsoft Office
- Willing to travel approximately 50% of the time.
Additional Job Information:
Focus on federal government capture, US DOE, NETL, US EPA,
EPRI participates in E-Verify, an online system operated jointly by
the Department of Homeland Security and the Social Security
Administration (SSA). EPRI uses the system to check the work status
of new hires by comparing information from the employee's I-9 form
against SSA and Department of Homeland Security databases.
Note: To ensure compliance with U.S. export controls, please
indicate your U.S. citizenship or (for foreign citizens) your U.S.
visa/immigration status in your resume or cover letter.
EPRI is an equal opportunity employer. EEO/AA/M/F/VETS/Disabled
Together . . . Shaping the Future of Electricity.
Keywords: Electric Power Research Institute, Frederick , Government Account Manager, Other , Frederick, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!