Field Service Engineer
Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Job DescriptionENSCO's Applied Technology and Engineering (ATE)
Division designs, develops and manufactures precision, high speed,
real-time track inspection systems for the national and
international railway market. We are seeking a skilled Field
Service Engineer to join our service group, to provide
installation, test, debug and repair of complex
railway-vehicle-based electro-mechanical inertial and optical based
data acquisition systems.Responsibilities will include, but are not
- Field service, troubleshooting, maintenance and repair of
equipment on railway vehicles at various domestic and international
customer sites, as well as in our facilities.
- Installation, calibration and testing of track inspection
systems on railway vehicles.
- Assembly, test, debug and repair of electronic circuit boards,
cables, component chassis wiring, sensor assemblies and associated
- Support design engineers in the assembly, test and debug of new
productsQualifications Required (Skills)Bachelor's degree with 2
(two) years of experience including interships or an Associates
degree with 4 (four) years experiencein Mechatronics, Electronics,
Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering,
- Understanding and troubleshooting of complex
software-electro-mechanical systems, including both software and
hardware functionality and interactions between the two.
- Working independently at customer sites investigating,
diagnosing, and resolving system problems.
- Electro-Mechanical system level assembly, testing,
troubleshooting and repair.
- Performing data analysis to troubleshoot electro-mechanical
data acquisition systems.
- Testing, installing as well as remote and onsite servicing
systems, containing sophisticated sub-assemblies including lasers,
optics, data acquisition electronics, mechatronics, and
high-performance computing hardware and software.
- Effectively communicate with customers by telephone and in
person to diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Proficiency reading and interpreting cable diagrams, cable
assembly drawings, schematics and wiring diagrams.
- Effectively use multi-meters, oscilloscopes, function
generators and general laboratory test equipment for testing and
troubleshooting equipment to the component level.
- Proficiency with hand tools for assembly, installation,
maintenance and repair of mechanical systems and components.
- Able to climb a 15 foot high ladder to gain access to railroad
- Ability to work in tight spots: on, under and around rail
- Willingness to work 12 hour shifts as necessary when on field
- Work in inclement weather as needed.
- Must be able to lift 50 pound objects and carry them a distance
of 150 feet.
- Able to travel domestically and internationally up to 50% of
- Wear Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) including hardhat,
safety glasses, safety boots, protective vest and hearing
- Installing and configuring local area network (LAN), wireless
(Wi-Fi) systems and Network Switches.
- Installing and configuring application software and operating
systems, including but not limited to: Windows 7, 10, Linux,
- Cable fabrication and management, including Coax, Cat5 and
- Experience in railroad testing or inspections.
- Experience with optical and inertial sensors.
- Experience with sensors and data acquisition
systems#LI-JV1Division DescriptionENSCO's Rail Division is
recognized globally as a leading provider of railway infrastructure
inspection technology. Our products and services are provided to
governments and railways in more than 12 countries on 5 continents.
The work ENSCO does helps to prevent train derailments which can
have serious impacts on human life, the environment and the
economy. ENSCO Rail is part of the greater Surface Transportation
Group (STG) within ENSCO, Inc. Our team of over 150 staff supports
leading edge technology projects in many exciting areas such as:
- Sensor systems integration: inertial, positioning (GPS/RFID),
laser scanners, imaging (line scan, area scan, thermal),
Ultrasonic, ground penetrating radar, LIDAR
- Autonomous deployment of sensors, positioning systems and
wireless communications on active rail cars to inspect
- Machine vision algorithm development to detect conditions
traditionally inspected by humans
- Enterprise web-based data management systems to display, report
and conduct big data analyticsENSCO's Rail Division offers an
exciting place to work and grow with many key benefits for
technical staff including:
- "Innovation Fridays" where staff are given time to create and
experiment with new process and technology in their field.
- Involvement in all levels of the design and development process
where significant experience is gained that otherwise would not be
available at larger companies which typically require many years
before giving employees the chance to work on serious engineering
- Direct exposure to customer management, financial management
and business development.We provide an exciting, collaborative,
multi-discipline environment with staff from diverse technical and
cultural backgrounds working together to make the world a safer
place. Come join a stable and growing company and experience the
reward of seeing the results of your work!Strength in
DiversityENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are
equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other
protected characteristic under state or local law.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Frederick , Field Service Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Chambersburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!