Service Engineer (Electrical/Mechanical)
Posted on: September 21, 2023
Hands on Electrical Engineers take a closer look!This Jobot Job
is hosted by: Jenner WigginsAre you a fit? Easy Apply now by
clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.Salary:
$70,000 - $90,000 per yearA bit about us:We are a privately owned
technology driven company that specializes in the field of TV
inspection equipment and leak testing systems for optical pipe and
sewer inspections. We offer our customers great machinery but also
comprehensive service, training, parts, support, as well as
standard and customizable builds.Why join us?
- Variety of work, everyone here makes a difference!
- Growing company with new opportunities in reach!
- Transparency of what is going on!
- Share cost for health care, offer plans for employee spouse and
family, they offer lower rate for dental and vision!
- Employee contribution of matching up to 3% per year for an
- 10 holidays and a floater holiday and 2 weeks pto!Job
DetailsSUMMARY:As our Service / Applications Engineer you will be
responsible for assisting with the repair of customer returned
components, equipment and vehicles, performing the commissioning of
new vehicles. The primary focus areas will be working on
application issues with customers, evaluating new products sent
from Germany for US distribution, and optimizing the tools and
process used in the Service area. MUST HAVES:
- Electronic Test Equipment (Digital Volt Meters, Oscilloscopes,
Soldering Iron, etc..)
- Circuit Diagrams
- Troubleshoot to the Component levelDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate potential test processes for existing products,
including test procedures, software, and equipment.
- Generate changes to reduce costs, improve product reliability,
improve test repeatability, efficiency, or thoroughness, or to
respond to test or product changes.
- Determine any changes in the optimum architecture for the test
environment and make appropriate design choices between the
electrical, software, and mechanical domains.
- Design (or specify), develop, implement, and document new test
and troubleshooting equipment and software as necessary.
- Make necessary changes to test, troubleshooting, and service
procedures.Act as a design liaison between the Service area and the
engineers in Germany. Generate ECNs as necessary to improve product
reliability, reduce cost, or respond to market changes, technical
problems, product enhancements, or component obsolescence.
- Perform electrical and software product evaluations for new
products to determine that they meet or exceed all published
specifications and have no inherent (design) problems, such as with
tolerances or compatibility errors, which would impede integration
/ test.Interface with Purchasing on parts compatibility and
substitution issues on released products.
- Assist Marketing, Sales, Integration and Test in the resolution
of customer product problems.
- Disassemble, test, troubleshoot, repair, reassemble and
validate our CCTV pipe inspection equipment.
- Complete and maintain appropriate service records, forms and
- Repair to the component level as required and have good
- Be involved with the commissioning and training on vehicles
including final stage testing.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- BSEE/BSEET preferred, associates in electronics or equivalent
experience required. Studies to include courses in communications,
programming, microprocessor interfacing, and digital and analog
- 1+ years of electronic design or test engineering experience
preferred. Relevant experience should include digital, analog, and
software design, and IEEE-488 and RS232 interfacing.
- Ability to read, understand and utilize schematics and drawings
to troubleshoot equipment.
- Computer literate, proficient in Microsoft applications
including MS Word, Excel and Access.
- Travel up to 10%, occasionally to GermanyInterested in hearing
more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
Keywords: Jobot, Frederick , Service Engineer (Electrical/Mechanical), Engineering , Chambersburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!