Company: Disability Solutions
Posted on: September 17, 2023
Job DescriptionAre you an experienced Electrical Technician
seeking an opportunity to work with a leading and innovative
company in the Rail sector? ENSCO is currently looking for a
skilled and motivated Electrical Technician to join our dynamic
team in Chambersburg PAJob Summary:As an Electrical Technician at
ENSCO, you will be responsible for various crucial tasks related to
manufacturing and assembly processes. Your primary responsibilities
will include building cables, performing chassis assembly and
wiring, conducting electronic circuit board repair and
modification, and engaging in basic mechanical assembly tasks.
Working alongside a team of skilled technicians and production
engineers, you will ensure the seamless operation of cables and
panel wiring in our state-of-the-art products.Duties
- Assembly and Configuration of ENSCO inspection
- Chassis assembly and wiring following established procedures
and safety guidelines
- PCBs and electronic chassis troubleshooting, analysis and
- configuration and calibration of ENSCO Subsystems and
- Conduct repair and modification of electronic circuit
- Systems software and Firmware installation and
- Build and assemble Cables and Wire harnesses with precision and
attention to detail, excellent soldering and crimping skills
- Engage in basic mechanical assembly tasks to support production
requirements. Basic Mechanical assembly skills required.
- handle the ECRs initiated by production to Engineering.
- Collaborate effectively with the team to complete assignments
and meet production schedules.
- Assist in testing and troubleshooting electrical components and
- Adhere to quality standards and procedures to deliver reliable
and high-quality products to our customers.
- Participate in continuous improvement initiatives to enhance
manufacturing processes and efficiency.
- Occasionally travel to customer sites (up to 20% of the time)
for equipment installation and support, whenrequired.Qualifications
Required (Skills)3 plus years of relevant experience as a skilled
technician for building cables, assembling small electrical
assemblies, and wiring electricalpanels.
- Experience assemblinghigh-density crimp and solder connection
- Experience building shielded cables including coax.
- Experience building cables using high-density mil-spec
- Excellent soldering skills.
- Experience testing cables and panel wiring to certify
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting cable diagrams, cable
assembly drawings, schematics, and wiring diagrams.
- Highly productive individual with a strong work ethic.
- Ability to work and collaborate with other technicians and
production engineers to successfully complete assignments.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.Qualifications Desired
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to travel to customer sites to assist with equipment
installation (up to 10% travel)
- Ability to safely climb a 15 foot high ladder to gain access to
- Ability to work in tight spots, under and about railway
- Ability to work 12 hour shifts as necessary when on field
- Must be able to lift 50 pound objects and carry them a distance
of 150 feet.*
- Experience/knowledge in a Manufacturing Order (MO) driven
- Experience/ knowledge with MO transactions using an MRP
- Cable building or soldering certifications
- Experience working in an ISO 9001 environment#LI-JV1Division
DescriptionENSCO's Rail Division is recognized globally as a
leading provider of railway infrastructure inspection technology.
Our products and services are provided to governments and railways
in more than 12 countries on 5 continents. The work ENSCO does
helps to prevent train derailments which can have serious impacts
on human life, the environment and the economy. ENSCO Rail is part
of the greater Surface Transportation Group (STG) within ENSCO,
Inc. Our team of over 150 staff supports leading edge technology
projects in many exciting areas such as:
- Sensor systems integration: inertial, positioning (GPS/RFID),
laser scanners, imaging (line scan, area scan, thermal),
Ultrasonic, ground penetrating radar, LIDAR
- Autonomous deployment of sensors, positioning systems and
wireless communications on active rail cars to inspect
- Machine vision algorithm development to detect conditions
traditionally inspected by humans
- Enterprise web-based data management systems to display, report
and conduct big data analyticsENSCO's Rail Division offers an
exciting place to work and grow with many key benefits for
technical staff including:
- "Innovation Fridays" where staff are given time to create and
experiment with new process and technology in their field.
- Involvement in all levels of the design and development process
where significant experience is gained that otherwise would not be
available at larger companies which typically require many years
before giving employees the chance to work on serious engineering
- Direct exposure to customer management, financial management
and business development.We provide an exciting, collaborative,
multi-discipline environment with staff from diverse technical and
cultural backgrounds working together to make the world a safer
place. Come join a stable and growing company and experience the
reward of seeing the results of your work!Strength in
DiversityENSCO, Inc. and its wholly owned U.S. subsidiaries are
equal opportunity/affirmative action employers, committed to
diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national
origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other
protected characteristic under state or local law.
Keywords: Disability Solutions, Frederick , Electrical Technician, Engineering , Chambersburg, Maryland
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!